Pioneer - relocatable radiotherapy
Oncology Systems Limited has developed the only relocatable radiotherapy treatment suite, Pioneer. Pioneer can be used as a satellite radiotherapy centre, a support suite during new build or refurbishment, as an expansion to an existing centre or a stand-alone service. Pioneer can be delivered with OSL Remote, a high quality commissioning, remote outlining, treatment planning and QA service.
The relocatable, stand-alone radiotherapy treatment suite is designed to house an advanced TomoTherapy treatment machine. It is also offered with any necessary treatment planning software, patient positioning accessories and quality assurance systems.
The fully integrated TomoTherapy treatment system is ideally suited for relocatable radiotherapy:
- enables instant compliance to the NRIG IMRT/IGRT/ART initiative
- compact profile that integrates imaging and delivery systems into a single, enclosed unit
- ring gantry design offers a similar footprint to traditional computed tomography (CT) scanners, which are often deployed as mobile units
- TomoTherapy’s integral primary beam stop and extensive radiation head shielding means that radiation leakage is reduced so that additional shielding required in the suite is minimal
Find out more about the TomoTherapy treatment machine
Treatment planning services
As a complete, stand-alone radiotherapy treatment suite, services have been designed to minimise time to treatment. Oncology Systems Limited’s clinical team offer as standard:
- commissioning and service start-up – the TomoTherapy treatment machine is delivered pre-commissioned, reducing on site set-up time
- training – training on all systems is provided on-site
- on-going maintenance – continuity of service through quality support services
To support local treatment and clinical staff, remote outlining, treatment planning and QA services are offered as optional with the OSL Remote service package. OSL Remote provides you with access to some of the UK’s leading medical physicists and radiographers for all your treatment planning functions.