Use your EPID to automate and simplify machine QA
QUASAR™ eQA software is designed to simplify linac QA through automated EPID image analysis. This time-saving application automates the analysis and reporting for six important QA tests, most of which are recommended by TG 142(1). Using eQA and your EPID eliminates the need to use film for these tests..
eQA includes a central application which interacts with a SQL database. Running unattended in the background, the application automatically analyzes EPID images. It also manages communications, security and linac configuration.
eQA also includes a CITRIX-enabled thin client with unlimited installations. The eQA client, which includes a DICOM viewer, interacts with the central application to enable the following functions:
- Visualize and approve test results
- View database trends
- Manage test configurations
Test results are broadcast by email to a pre-determined list of email recipients. Approved test results are retained in a database for long-term storage and trend analysis. Results can be exported to Excel or PDF files if required.
Tests and specifications
eQA is capable of performing the following recommended machine QA tests:
- Light vs. Radiation Coincidence and Radiation Field Size Verification
- Field Junction
- MLC Leaf Position Verification
- Imager Scaling Verification
- Gantry, Collimator and Table Isocentre Verification
- Stereotactic Radiation Isocentre
Each test involves five separate tasks: test set-up, image acquisition, automated image analysis, approval, and automated database storage of approved results.
Minimum technical requirements
- Standard desktop or laptop PC with Windows XP, Vista or 7
- 512 MB RAM
- .NET framework 3.5 for client and server
- SQL Server (version 2005) for database